Our most basic breakfast casserole, this simply delicious Egg, Mushroom, and Potato casserole is sure to please every morning. By keeping the most important meal of the day simple and healthy you start your day on a healthy and strong foot to help you stay strong through treatment.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray or
rub with olive oil.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over a medium plan. Add the peppers and mushrooms. Season the vegetables with a pinch of salt. Cook 2-3 minutes, until mushrooms are brown and peppers are tender.
3. Beat eggs.
4. Mix vegetables and potatoes into the casserole dish, sprinkle with herbs.
5. Pour eggs over the mixture and season with salt and pepper. Place the casserole dish on the center rack of the oven. Bake 20 minutes or until eggs are set in the center of the dish and the edges are golden brown.
Peter Schoemer, Drexel Food Lab
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼cup sliced bell pepper
- 1 cup quartered button mushrooms
- 3 baked Yukon gold or russet potatoes, diced (about three cups)
- ¼cup mixed chopped fresh herbs (parsley, dill, basil, etc.)
- 12 eggs