Put an end to dreary on-the-go breakfasts. This Potato-Leek Breakfast Casserole is a great way to make sure you’ll start your morning off right. When you’re in treatment breakfast is crucial, especially if it’s the only time of day you’re able to stomach a meal. This casserole is simple and soothing, but packed with protein to get you through the morning, and best of all it tastes great.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x9 inch casserole pan with cooking spray or rub with olive oil.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and leeks to the pan and season with a pinch of salt. Lower heat, and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until onions and leeks begin to caramelize.
- Place the potatoes into the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with the leeks and onion. Pour the egg mixture over top. Finally, sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Place the casserole dish into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are set in the center of the dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped, about one cup
- 1 leek, chopped, about one cup
- 3 baked Yukon gold or russet potatoes, diced, about 3 cups
- 12 eggs, whisked together
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper