Kale and eggs go perfect together in this simple recipe. The cancer fighting superfood turns simple scrambled eggs into a nutrition powerhouse that is oh so easy to put together, and really delicious too, making these Kale & Cheddar Scrambled Eggs a great recipe.
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of water. Set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add the kale and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the whisked egg and grated cheddar to the kale, and mix vigorously until the eggs have set. Serve immediately with toast.
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium shallot, sliced
- 3½ cups of chopped kale leaves
- ½ cup grated Cheddar cheese
Ann's Tips and Tricks
This is a good way to use frozen kale, or any leftover greens you may have on hand.