This ‘galette’ doesn’t require any pastry dough. It gets deliciously crispy around the edges after baking in a cast-iron skillet. The combination of leek and potatoes is a classic for a reason — and this Potato & Leek Galette recipe certainly showcases how delicious they are . Serve it at dinner alongside a lean meat, or at breakfast with eggs. A great addition to any cooks recipe arsenal!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a sauté pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil on medium. To the pan, add the leeks, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 4 to 5
minutes. Add the lemon juice, rosemary, and thyme, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until you can smell the herbs.
3. Pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron pan. Layer about half of the sliced potatoes in a shingled pattern, covering the bottom of the pan, sprinkle a pinch of salt on top. Next sprinkle the cheese and then the leeks. Finally add a top layer of potatoes covering everything and another pinch of salt on top of the potatoes.
4. Over medium heat, cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until it looks like the edges of the bottom layer of potatoes start to brown. It can be helpful to press down the galette with a sauce pan if you have one that fits nicely in the cast iron pan so it cooks a little more evenly.
5. Put the cast iron pan in the oven and allow to cook for 15-25 minutes, or until the top layer of potatoes turn golden and are tender.
6. Allow to cool a few minutes before slicing. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme to serve.
Emily Lloyd, Drexel Food Lab
Be the first to leave a review.