Leeks and potatoes are a match made in heaven. Usually they are found together in creamy Vichyssoise soup, but I think I love them best here, as a topping for pizza. The mix of thinly sliced potatoes, mild oniony leeks, and nutty tasting Gruyere is the perfect indulgence when you’re looking for some healthy comfort during treatment. And if you think that potatoes and pizza don’t go together think again. They most certainly do. Try this Potato, Leek & Gruyere Pizza and see for yourself.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, thyme, salt and pepper. Sauté until soft and turning slightly golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a lightly oiled baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle 1 cup of the grated Gruyere evenly over the dough. Place the leek mixture on top and then add the thinly sliced potatoes in one layer over the cheese and leeks and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese .
5. Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 12 minutes, or until the crust is browned and crispy and the potatoes are tender. Slice and serve with a simple salad.
Be the first to leave a review.