These Pumpkin Scones are the perfect addition to any fall day. With a cup of coffee in the morning or as a sweet afternoon treat, they are sure to impress – even those that swear by the Starbucks pumpkin scones. So preheat that oven and get baking!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
3. Cut butter into dry ingredients. The butter should be the size of peas in the flour mixture, and look like a coarse meal.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour and butter. Add the pumpkin and buttermilk to the center of the well. With a spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients being careful not to over-mix.
5. Once dough is formed, pour onto floured service and shape in a rectangle that is about an inch thick. Using a floured knife, cut rectangle into 10-12 triangles and put on a piece of parchment paper. Chill scones for 20 minutes.
6. Bake scones for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Dana Bloom, Drexel Food Lab
Be the first to leave a review.