These Pumpkin Scones are the perfect addition to any fall day. With a cup of coffee in the morning or as a sweet afternoon treat, they are sure to impress – even those that swear by the Starbucks pumpkin scones. So preheat that oven and get baking!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients. The butter should be the size of peas in the flour mixture, and look like a coarse meal.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and butter. Add the pumpkin and buttermilk to the center of the well. With a spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients being careful not to over-mix.
- Once dough is formed, pour onto floured service and shape in a rectangle that is about an inch thick. Using a floured knife, cut rectangle into 10-12 triangles and put on a piece of parchment paper. Chill scones for 20 minutes.
- Bake scones for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk