This Pumpkin Seed Crusted Chicken is an easy and great way to make delicious chicken. Crunchy pumpkin seeds are little powerhouses of nutrition and using them instead of breadcrumbs changes a pretty ho-hum dish into something special — a deliciously moist chicken in a crisp, nutty coating packed with cancer- fighting minerals and nutrients.
1. Coarsely process or chop the pumpkin seeds with salt, Parmesan, oregano and paprika. Transfer to a plate.
2. Spread the flour onto a plate, and break the eggs into a shallow bowl. Beat with a fork.
3. Coat the chicken lightly with flour, then dip into the eggs, allowing the excess to drip off. Then coat the chicken in the pumpkin seed mixture, pressing to adhere. Place the crusted chicken onto a plate. Repeat for all the chicken breasts.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, doing in batches if too crowded, cooking for 5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked depending on the thickness of chicken.
5. Transfer the chicken to a plate and serve immediately.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can also bake this chicken in the oven. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and heat it in a preheated 400 degrees oven for 10 minutes. Lay the chicken on the heated sheet and bake for 10 minutes, flipping the pieces after 7 to 8 minutes. If the chicken breasts are thick, bake for a further 5 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Be the first to leave a review.