This Pumpkin Seed Crusted Chicken is an easy and great way to make delicious chicken. Crunchy pumpkin seeds are little powerhouses of nutrition and using them instead of breadcrumbs changes a pretty ho-hum dish into something special — a deliciously moist chicken in a crisp, nutty coating packed with cancer- fighting minerals and nutrients.
- Chop the pumpkin seeds finely or add to a food processor with salt, parmesan, oregano, and paprika. Transfer to a plate.
- Brush or rub roughly 1 tablespoon of oil on each chicken breast. Coat the chicken in the pumpkin seed mixture, pressing to adhere. Place the crusted chicken onto a plate. Repeat for all the chicken breasts.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, doing in batches if too crowded, cooking for 5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked depending on the thickness of chicken.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and serve immediately.
- 1 cup hulled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breasts
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can also bake this chicken in the oven. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and heat it in a preheated 400 degrees oven for 10 minutes. Lay the chicken on the heated sheet and bake for 10 minutes, flipping the pieces after 7 to 8 minutes. If the chicken breasts are thick, bake for a further 5 minutes or until firm to the touch.