I could eat these Ricotta Mini Pizzas until they came out of my ears. The taste reminds me of the cannelloni my Uncle Jack used to make when we were kids. This easy recipe is another great way to use our Mighty Green Sauce. This time it gets the cancer busting super food kale onto a super fast pizza snack. It is so very, very good. This is the kind of ‘small’ food that can tempt the feeblest of appetites, yet be a delicious lunch snack for folks with heartier needs: good food for everyone.
1. Preheat the broiler or toaster oven.
2. Spread each pita pocket with 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese, then evenly divide the Mighty Green Sauce on top. Dot each pizza with diced mozzarella.
3. Heat the mini pizzas under a broiler or in a toaster oven until the cheese is well melted and beginning to lightly brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve.
- 4 mini whole wheat mini pita pockets
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup Mighty Green Sauce (see Ann’s Tips)
- ⅓ cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Mighty Green Sauce is really a type of cooked kale pesto. It is great to keep in the freezer as a standby. It can go over pasta, get stirred into rice or soups or be spooned onto pizza as here. It sure helps kale to get around on your plate!
If you can’t find mini pita pockets, use 2 of the regular size and put ½ the ingredients on each and broil as in step 3.