This is one deliciously healthy salmon burger! Sweet potato and salmon are just perfect together in this easy-to-make crowd pleaser. And the red cabbage and fennel slaw as a side dish is just wonderful with it. It is so good you’d never imagine it had half the fat of regular slaw.
1. In a small bowl whisk together orange zest, orange juice, ½ cup olive oil, water, and Dijon mustard until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper
2. In a medium bowl, toss together the red cabbage, fennel, capers and chives. Pour dressing over the salad and toss everything together. Store in refrigerator.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix together the salmon, sweet potato, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Form 6 (4 oz) patties.
4. Heat a sauté pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once hot, add the salmon burgers. Sear on both sides for about 5 minutes each, or until both sides are brown. Lower the temperature and cover with a lid. Cook for another 2-5 minutes if needed, until the burger is cooked through.
5. To serve place salmon burger on ½ of the burger bun, top with slaw and the top of the bun.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
I like to toast my hamburger buns, but it’s up to you.
Be the first to leave a review.