This easy Shredded Kale Salad with Dates & Almonds is a taste sensation. I love how the sweet and salty twist of the dates and kale, are all brought together by our tangy mustard vinaigrette and the crunch of the toasted almonds.
- Toss all ingredients together. Serve.
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped dates
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For the Basic Mustard Vinaigrette
Ann's Tips and Tricks
It’s important to use Dijon or Dijon style mustard for the vinaigrette dressing. Regular yellow mustard just doesn’t have enough bite to it. Dijon mustard comes from Burgundy area of France around the city of Dijon. The mustard has spices and is quite tart and dry tasting. It’s totally versatile and tastes good with everything, including hot dogs. There’s a number of brands out there – Roland, Maille, Grey Poupon, Bornibus to name but a few. Give it a try.