I’m not normally a huge fan of fruit in salads, but this bit of summer deliciousness is an exception. Peach and Arugula salad brings the peppery bitterness of cruciferous arugula and the sweetness of ripe peaches together in a match made in heaven. Throw in the salty tang of feta, and you have an easy salad that’s truly special.
- In a large serving bowl whisk the Summer Vinaigrette with the minced shallot. Add in the diced peaches.
- Top the dressed peaches with the arugula, feta and pistachios. Just before serving, toss to combine.
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed and cut in half (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon of mint cut into a chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves cut into a chiffonade
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot or red onion
- 1 large peach, diced
- 5 0unce box pre-washed baby arugula (See Ann’s Tips)
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- ¼ roughly chopped roasted pistachios
Ann's Tips and Tricks
A 5 ounce box of baby arugula = about 7 loosely packed cups.
I always wash ‘pre-washed’ greens a second time to be on the safe side.