Perfect for summertime, this salmon pasta salad is just as delicious as it is nutritious with its diverse selection of vegetables. The wonderful thing is that in about the time it takes to cook the pasta, you will have mostly finished the sauce, making this a quick and convenient meal!
- Cook penne in boiling salted water following package directions; drain, reserving the pasta water.
- Drain salmon, reserving 1 teaspoon of liquid; remove large bones and skin, flake salmon.
- Combine reserved salmon liquid with oil, vinegar, basil, salt, pepper and cream cheese. Whisk to blend well, pour over the warm penne and gently stir so the sauce coats the pasta. Allow the pasta to completely cool.
- Toss the cooled penne with flaked salmon, tomato, celery, cucumber, green onion, and dill.
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 small (7 ¾ ounce) can salmon
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- ¾ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill