If you enjoy a spicy treat these Spicy Baja Style Shrimp Tacos are for you. They are the kind of easy spicy food I adored to eat during treatment to blast away at my chemo impaired palate. Marinating the shrimp in this citrusy mix of lemon zest and juice stirred into a liberal quantity of minced jalapenos, garlic and cilantro, turns these utterly simple, utterly delicious tacos into seafood a fiesta for the tastebuds. Leave them in the marinade for 20 minutes and they’ll taste even better if that’s at all possible. Hot! Hot! Hot!
- In a large bowl, combine jalapenos, ¼ cup cilantro, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and stir until shrimp is coated.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat and add remaining oil. Add shrimp and cook for about 10 minutes, until the shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
- In a dry sauté pan over medium low heat, place one tortilla at a time in the pan to heat through.
- Place a portion of shrimp onto each tortilla. Garnish with remaining cilantro and red onion.
- 3 tablespoons minced jalapenos, seeded
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, divided
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 12 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
Ann's Tips and Tricks
This is also delicious made with Tilapia! If you want to cut down a little on the heat, deseed and devein the jalapenos before mincing.