The cart is empty
Servings: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
Turkey Churrasco Style with Arugula Chimichurri
This Turkey Churrasco Style with Arugula Chimichurri is a deliciously healthy spin on the classic South American steak dish. It is sure to please even the most die-hard red meat lovers. The turkey steak is rubbed with olive oil, garlic, onion, salt and pepper for a complex and rich flavor. A drizzle of herby, green Chimichurri takes it to the next level. We’ve replaced the traditional chimichurri’s parsley and cilantro with spicy, cruciferous arugula. The result is an equally satisfying, fresh green sauce that brings with it all the benefits of the cancer fighting cruciferous family of greens and a bright, intense flavor that deliciously compliments the meat’s savoriness.Try it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add turkey and coat with marinade. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Heat a large oven-proof sauté pan over medium heat and add remaining olive oil. Add steaks and onion and sear for about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer pan to the oven and roast 10 minutes, until steaks are cooked through.
- Serve turkey steaks generously drizzled with arugula chimichurri.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Some supermarkets carry turkey steaks or cutlets. These are pre-packaged slices of breast that resemble skirt steak. But if you can’t find them, you can ask your butcher to cut some for you or, you can make the recipe with half a large turkey breast cut lengthwise into 4-6 roughly 5ounce slices.