You don’t need to be vegan to enjoy this tasty vegan pesto pizza. All you’ve got to do is love basil pesto, pine nuts, and tomatoes for it to be a delicious done deal.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In the bowl on a blender, puree the ½ cup pine nuts, olive oil, and garlic. Add the basil and blend until the combined, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Sprinkle cornmeal or semolina flour on 2 baking sheets.
4. Shape the pizza dough into 4 small circles on the baking sheets. Spoon about ¼ cup of pesto onto each pizza and spread in an even layer. Top with remaining pine nuts and tomatoes
- 1 cup pine nuts, divided
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bunches basil, leaves picked and washed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal or semolina flour
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pizza dough recipe or store bought
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can use any pesto to make this. If you use an almond based pesto, add an extra tablespoon of olive oil to make up for the fat in the pine nuts.