So quick and so yummy, fried rice is perfect for a night in. We may already have veggie fried rice, but there is always room for more! The hint of ginger plays well off the earthiness of the kale and sweet of the honey, making this a dynamic and delicious meal. With only one pan, there is minimal clean up with even less prep time making it a convenient, healthy, fast food!
sauce and honey to make the sauce.
2. Heat a wok or large sauté pan on medium heat and add the canola oil. Add the carrots to the pan and cook until they begin to soften. Add mushrooms and stir-fry until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the cooked rice, kale and sauce to the pan. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Create a well in the middle of the rice. Scramble the eggs in a small bowl. Pour the eggs into the well and stir until they are cooked through. Once the eggs are cooked mix into the rice and serve.
Silvia Pinto, Drexel Food Lab
- ½ inch ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 2 cups button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 2 eggs