The lightly spiced marinade for this Yogurt Marinated Chicken is simple and delicious. It turns ordinary chicken breasts into something quite exotic. Yogurt is a great base for marinades as its mild acidity slightly pickles or “cooks” the chicken while tenderizing it and keeping it juicy. The spices blended into the yogurt infuse the meat making it very tasty indeed.
1. Blend all the marinade ingredients together until smooth.
2. Combine the marinade with the chicken breasts in a re-sealable plastic bag. Marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat the grill. Generously sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken and grill on each side for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with our Quinoa Tabouleh Salad.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon garam marsala
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 (3 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you are not able to grill, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and cook the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
You can use skinless chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat.