The cart is empty
Servings: 6 Prep time: 60minutes
Fall Apple Crisp
There’s nothing better than a sweet apple crisp in the fall. Just as the air gets cooler this is a great, easy recipe to take advantage of fresh apples from the farmer’s market. Crisps are one of the easiest desserts to make, with all the decadent taste of a pie with half the effort. This crips blends the flavors of apple, cinnamon, orange zest, honey, and dried cherries for a lively autumn dessert. Serve with a nice scoop of cold ice cream or gelato like our Ginger & Honey Gelato for that perfect combination of warm and cold. Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, butter and yogurt. Mix until ingredients form a sandy dough.
3. In a separate bowl, combine honey, apples, dried cherries, orange zest and orange
4. Pour apple mixture into prepared pan and top with oat topping. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until fruit juices are bubbling and topping is golden brown.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.