There’s really nothing better than fresh mozzarella on pizza. It compliments just about any ingredient, but it works especially well with artichokes and salty black olives. The canned artichokes we use here are an easy, juicy addition to make this Artichoke, Arugula & Olive Pizza extra delicious. We suggest topping the pizza with arugula after baking, to give it a refreshing raw crunch, but if you are on chemo, it tastes just as good without.
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Put 2 baking trays into the oven, or pizza stone if you have one. Prepare the tomato sauce as outlined here.
2. Sprinkle panko or cornmeal onto a large sheet of parchment paper. Roll out the dough onto the parchment paper; press out dough into a 12 by 8-inch rectangle or to fit your pizza stone, split into two balls, if necessary.
3. Spread the Quick Tomato Sauce evenly onto the dough. Top the dough with artichokes, olives, and capers. Evenly top with cheese.
4. Using the parchment paper, slip the pizza onto the heated baking trays or pizza stone. Bake in the oven on the lowest rack for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
5. Meanwhile, in a bowl toss together arugula, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
6. Using the parchment paper, slip the pizza onto a cutting board. Top with arugula and cut into slices. Serve.
Be the first to leave a review.