These Baked Apples with Rosemary & Honey are always a good quick way to make a healthy dessert, hot or cold. All you need are some tart/sweet apples like Braeburns or Pink Ladies, and an oven. Try to buy small apples and allow one per person. Click here for the video!
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Dry roast the sliced almonds in a heavy pan until they just begin to color. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Generously smear a baking dish or cookie sheet with butter and sprinkle with rosemary. Take the apples and roll them around on the pan to coat with a little of the butter and herbs.
4. Place them cut side down in the dish. Drizzle them with the honey, and add the water to the bottom of the dish.
5. Bake in the center of the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. About halfway through, carefully flip the apples over and baste them with the pan juices. Continue to bake until the apples are soft, and a bit caramelized on top. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
6. Serve sprinkled with the toasted almonds, and with thick yogurt or ice cream.
Be the first to leave a review.