Stuffing and baking isn’t just for potatoes. Any root vegetable can become the star of the show with a little filling. Parsnips get herby and sweet tasting when cooked. The light sweetness of honey paired with the cheese and yogurt in the filling makes for a wonderful combination. These Baked Stuffed Parsnips are perfect for a weeknight side dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut four large pieces of aluminum foil.
2. Place each parsnip in the center of a piece of foil. Pierce each parsnip with a fork a few times and drizzle with about a teaspoon of olive oil. Wrap the foil around the parsnips and place them on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the parsnips are tender. Once cooked, let cool slightly.
3. In a small bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, and honey together. Fold and mix in half of the chopped scallions or chives. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Once the parsnips are cooled, make a slit down the length of the parsnip, just like a baked potato.
5. Fill the middle with the Greek yogurt sauce, the shredded cheese, and scallions or chives.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Parsnips are a great source of soluble fiber, so can be enjoyed on a bland diet.
Be the first to leave a review.