This protein rich quick Black and White Bean salad appeals to the eye as well as the palate. It’s black and white beans studded with yellow corn kernels and bright red pieces of sweet and spicy peppadew peppers. The sweet and simple dressing brings all the elements yummily together for a finish sprinkled with bright green cilantro. So good.
- In a large bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, and honey.
- Add black beans, white beans, corn, peppadews, red onion and cilantro. Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Ally Zeitz, Drexel Food Lab
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16-ounce can white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2½ cup chopped peppadew peppers, drained
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Peppadew peppers can be found at the antipasti bar of your grocery store. You could use bottled roasted red peppers if you can’t find them.