You don’t need to get take-out for this easy vegetable blast. Teamed with some brown rice or quinoa, this Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry makes for a tasty, nutritious dinner. To make preparation easier, take advantage of the pre-cut broccoli offered in many stores, or use frozen. If you use frozen broccoli, don’t thaw it before adding it to the pan. It will keep its nutrition and it’s shape better.
1. Mix together the vinegar, sesame oil, and soy sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of the canola oil to a large pan or well-seasoned wok over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the tofu and cook, two to four minutes on each side, or until light golden. Remove the tofu from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add the remaining canola oil. As soon as it is hot, add the onions, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir-fry, about 1 minute, or until the garlic starts to color.
4. Add the broccoli, and sprinkle with the salt, stirring for about one minute, or until the broccoli turns bright green. Add the tablespoon of water and cover immediately so the broccoli cooks in the resulting shot of steam, about 2 minutes. Add the cashews and toss.
5. Add the tofu and sauce and gently stir to combine. Remove from heat and sprinkle with the mint and basil. If on the neutropenic diet, mix in the herbs and leave on heat for a couple minutes. Taste for salt and adjust seasoning. Eat immediately.
Be the first to leave a review.