Broiled peaches with ginger yogurt is a light and easy summer recipe perfect for when you are feeling fatigued. By broiling peaches you bring out their natural sweetness. Slip the skins off before serving if you like. You’ll find that this fruity summer treat is not too sweet even with the added sugar, and pretty near perfect when accompanied by creamy, Ginger Yogurt.
1. In a medium dish, sprinkle the brown sugar over the cut sides of peaches until evenly coated. Let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature to macerate.
2. Mix together the ginger, honey, and the yogurt. Stir until well blended. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
4. Transfer the peaches to a baking pan and put 5-inches under the broiler. Broil until the sugar is bubbling and the peaches are browned, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve with a dollop of the yogurt and sprinkled with toasted almonds.
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey or to taste
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can make this quick yummy dessert with any type of peach, but to keep things quick and easy, we recommend broiling smaller yellow peaches. You can also use nectarines.