This delicious winter Celery Root & Apple Slaw salad uses a super quick version of the classic French remoulade sauce. Remoulade sauce is usually made with egg yolks. To keep things simple, we’ve used store bought mayonnaise to add the richness of eggs without any hassles. It’s still seriously delicious. The sauce blends wonderfully with the earthiness of the celery root and pops the sweetness of the apples.
- In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon, cider vinegar, and sliced scallion. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning.
- Drain the apples and pat dry. Top the dressing with the drained apples and celery root. Toss to coat and cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon Dijon
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 stalks scallions, white and light green parts sliced thin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups apple (use crisp tart apples like Winesap, Braeburns, or Pink Lady), julienned and soaked in lemon juice and water to prevent browning
- 3 cups celery root, peeled and julienned
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can substitute a vegan egg free mayo if you prefer. If you want to cut down on the mayonnaise altogether, you can make this same dressing with all Greek yogurt.