Takeout Chinese food can be a great standby, but when you’re on a neutropenic diet, it can be risky to eat. Luckily this delicious Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry is an easy way not only to get your fix of that taste you crave, but a great way to get dinner onto the table in a hurry. And you won’t have to worry about MSG or adding too much sodium either.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey garlic, grated ginger, dried chili pepper, sesame oil, and lemon juice.
2. In a separate bowl, pour half the soy mixture over the chicken. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
3. In a wide sauté pan or wok, heat the tablespoon of canola oil over high heat. Pour in the marinated chicken, and cook for 5 minutes or until most of the marinade has evaporated and the chicken is cooked through.
4. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 5 minutes until the broccoli is a bright green. Pour in the remaining soy mixture and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring until the sauce has reduced.
5. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and chopped peanuts with Basic Brown Rice.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you don’t own a wok, don’t despair, you can stir fry in a large frying pan or a sauté pan. If you find you like cooking this way, then a wok may be a good investment.
Be the first to leave a review.