Marinated Tofu with Peppers and Onions is a simple way of cooking tofu that makes for a really delicious and easy vegetarian Southwestern style lunch that even meat eaters are guaranteed to enjoy. You can prepare the marinade ahead of time so that if treatment has left you worn out, a good meal is literally just a baking sheet away.
1. Prepare the marinade as outlined here.
2. In a re-sealable plastic bag, combine the tofu, red pepper, red onion, salt and pepper and 1/4 cup of the marinade. Shake the bag around until well coated. Let sit to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
4. Spread the tofu and vegetables on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, flipping the tofu halfway through.
5. Serve with whole wheat tortillas, sliced avocadoes and the reserved marinade as sauce.
Be the first to leave a review.