Everyone loves a grilled cheese sandwich, and everyone loves the combo of cheese and apple. Here ideas come together with some chicken for extra protein to make this Chicken with Cheddar & Apple Sandwich a sweetly crunchy lunchtime treat. It’s so quick and easy, that even if treatment has left you dog tired, you’ll be able to put this together.
1. Spread half the mustard on two slices of bread. Divide the cheddar evenly on both slices, then top with thinly sliced apples. Place under a broiler or in a toaster oven until the cheese melts.
2. Toast the remaining two slices of bread. Spread the remaining mustard.
3. Top the melted cheese bread slices evenly with chicken and butter lettuce, then the remaining slices of bread. Cut in half and serve.
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard, divided, or to taste
- 4 slices rustic whole wheat bread
- 3 ounces sharp white cheddar, sliced or shredded
- ¼ Golden Delicious or Pink Lady apple, sliced very thin
- 4 leaves butter leaf lettuce
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
Ann's Tips and Tricks
For a tarter taste, use Granny Smith or Braeburn apples.