Our Gazpacho Verde is one of the easiest recipes to make. All you need is a blender and some time to let the ingredients chill. This Gazpacho uses honeydew, tomatillos, kale, red onion, and jalapeno for the perfect combination of bright, sweet, and spicy flavors. And this raw dish is packed with nutrients. Simply throw all the ingredients into a blender, chill, and top with homemade sourdough croutons for texture. Enjoy.
- In the bowl of a blender, combine olive oil, lime juice, pine nuts, bread, honeydew, tomatillos, kale, onion and jalapeno. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Chill completely, about 2 hours. Serve.
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups chopped whole wheat sourdough bread, crust removed
- 2 cups honeydew, chopped
- 1 cup tomatillos, chopped
- 2 cups kale
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped jalapeno (optional)
- salt and pepper