Elote is a favorite summer BBQ treat! Caramelized grilled corn is slathered with a sauce made from Mexican crema, then sprinkled with cotija cheese and cilantro. Butter may be good, but this corn cannot be beat!
- Grill or roast the corn until lightly charred all over - it should not be burnt.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix together the Crema, cotija cilantro, garlic, chili powder and lime juice until well blended.
- Brush the hot corn generously with the sauce. Sprinkle with extra cotija cheese and cilantro. If you like spicy sprinkle with extra chili too.
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup Mexican Crema
- 1/4 cup grated cotija + extra for serving (see Ann’s Tips)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro + extra for serving (see Ann’s Tips)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder(optional)
- 1/2 lime juiced
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You can use crumbled feta instead of cotija
If you are a cilantro hater, use a 50/50 blend of chopped parsley and mint.