Who knew crunchy, sweet gluten-free fresh corn on the cob could turn into these light, custardy dairy-free Mini Blueberry Buckle Cakes? Although sweet tasting, these decadent, rich little cakes are low in added sugar, thanks to the sweetness of the corn, making them perfect to satisfy the craving for sweets that so often strikes cancer patients going through chemotherapy. Whether you eat them for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a light dessert, served warm with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, every which way they’re good! Take time to bake some of these virtually guilt free little treats. Enjoy!
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Take a 12 x 1/4 inch cup muffin tin and line with paper muffin cups. Set aside.
- Take the corn kernels and put into the vase of a blender. Blend at high speed until creamy. Tip into a large mixing bowl. Rinse the blender vase out with the 2 tablespoons water and tip into the corn in the bowl. Stir to mix.
- Sift the almond flour, sugar and salt into the corn. Beat with an electric hand held mixer until blended into a batter. Add the coconut oil and beat in. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time. Set aside while you prepare the egg whites.
- Add the pinch of cream of tartar to the egg whites. Beat until the whites form soft peaks. Take 1 tablespoonful and stir into the corn batter to break it up, then add the remaining beaten egg whites and gently fold into the batter with a spatula. If it’s a little streaky that’s OK.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full. The mixture should be enough to fill all 12. Take the blueberries and gently push 6-8 into each cake. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to completely cool.
Be the first to leave a review.