These Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries are a great healthy substitute for French fries! They can be eaten anywhere where you’d use fries or roast potatoes. Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A and many of the minerals your body needs for good health. Buy organic red sweet potatoes when you can.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut the potatoes in half, then lengthwise into wedges. Do not peel (unless you are on a low fiber diet). The wedges should be about ½-inch thick at the widest place. In a large bowl toss the potatoes with the rosemary and olive oil.
3. Take a cookie sheet (non-stick preferably), and put in the oven for 5 minutes to heat up. When it is hot, line with parchment paper and spread the oiled potatoes onto the sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Return to the oven and bake on a high shelf. Turn the potatoes from time to time for even browning until they are tender and golden about 30 minutes.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2½-3 pounds), scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 branch of rosemary stripped of its leaves (optional)