These Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries are a great healthy substitute for French fries! They can be eaten anywhere where you’d use fries or roast potatoes. Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A and many of the minerals your body needs for good health. Buy organic red sweet potatoes when you can.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes in half, then lengthwise into wedges. Do not peel (unless you are on a low fiber diet). The wedges should be about ½-inch thick at the widest place. In a large bowl toss the potatoes with the rosemary and olive oil.
- Take a cookie sheet (non-stick preferably), and put in the oven for 5 minutes to heat up. When it is hot, line with parchment paper and spread the oiled potatoes onto the sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt.
- Return to the oven and bake on a high shelf. Turn the potatoes from time to time for even browning until they are tender and golden about 30 minutes.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2½-3 pounds), scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 branch of rosemary stripped of its leaves (optional)