This is another dish in which we use vegetables as “noodles.” Bell peppers are so perfect for this type of dish with their sweet subtle taste. The avocado spinach pesto is rich and creamy and packed with seriously good-for-you ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Julienne the bell peppers, so they are a noodle-like thinness, set aside.
- In a food processor add spinach, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and avocado, and season with salt and pepper. Pulse till the sauce is smooth. Pour into a large bowl
- Once the water is boiling, add the sliced peppers and cook for about 2 minutes or until the pepper starts to soften.
- Drain the peppers, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water. Stir the water into the sauce to thin it. Toss the avocado sauce with the peppers. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- 4 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 yellow bell peppers
- salt and pepper to taste