I love pomegranate molasses. I always keep a bottle in the fridge. It can be used to flavor drinks, sauces, and salad dressings, but above all, its tart, yet sweet taste is a perfect complement to the flavor of baked chicken. Our Pomegranate Glazed Chicken recipe, uses it as a glaze, turning this simple chicken dish into something exceptional for the Holidays.
- In a re-sealable plastic bag, combine the chicken, garlic cloves, paprika, rosemary, orange juice, and olive oil. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, mix the pomegranate molasses and honey together. Set aside.
- Put the chicken thighs into a shallow baking dish. Salt on both sides. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, and brush the chicken generously with the pomegranate molasses mixture. Bake for 10 more minutes. Drizzle with any remaining pomegranate molasses and serve immediately.
- 1½ pounds bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you want to use skinless chicken for a lower calorie dish, lightly brush the chicken with about ½ of the pomegranate molasses and honey mixture before you start cooking. Generously baste with the rest during the last 10 minutes of cooking.