I love pomegranate molasses. I always keep a bottle in the fridge. It can be used to flavor drinks, sauces, and salad dressings, but above all, its tart, yet sweet taste is a perfect complement to the flavor of baked chicken. Our Pomegranate Glazed Chicken recipe, uses it as a glaze, turning this simple chicken dish into something exceptional for the Holidays.
1. In a re-sealable plastic bag, combine the chicken, garlic cloves, paprika, rosemary, orange juice, and olive oil. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 375F.
3. In a small bowl, mix the pomegranate molasses and honey together. Set aside.
4. Put the chicken thighs into a shallow baking dish. Salt on both sides. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Turn the chicken, and brush the chicken generously with the pomegranate molasses mixture. Bake for 10 more minutes. Drizzle with any remaining pomegranate molasses and serve immediately.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you want to use skinless chicken for a lower calorie dish, lightly brush the chicken with about ½ of the pomegranate molasses and honey mixture before you start cooking. Generously baste with the rest during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Be the first to leave a review.