This recipe for Pumpkin & Arugula Salad with Hazelnuts makes for a delicious additions to fall salads. The ‘meatier’ varieties like kabocha or butternut are the best, with nutty tasting kabocha being my personal favorite. This simple yet delicious salad tosses roasted pumpkin in a tangy maple vinaigrette dressing with the peppery cruciferous salad green, arugula.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread the cubed pumpkin onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender and browned. Let cool slightly.
3. While the pumpkin in baking, spread the hazelnuts onto a baking sheet, and toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the skins are well browned and cracking.
4. Remove the hazelnuts and let cool slightly. Rub the skins off the hazelnuts with a kitchen towel. Discard the skins and roughly chop the nuts. Set aside.
5. Whisk the Maple Vinaigrette into the bottom of a large salad bowl. Pour to slightly cooled pumpkin, arugula, pecorino, and toasted hazelnuts over the dress. Toss when ready to serve.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you are on chemo, use cooked greens to toss together with the pumpkin and dressing.
Be the first to leave a review.