This simple Roasted Pumpkin recipe is a very basic recipe that can be easily jazzed up. Try variations with cayenne pepper, cinnamon, whole garlic cloves, fresh sage, thyme, rosemary, or maple syrup. The additions are endless.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. With a large knife, cut the pumpkin in half. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into 1-inch slices.
3. Transfer the pumpkin to two baking sheets lined with parchment paper, placing them in a single layer. Drizzle with olive and salt and pepper, and any other additions.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through, or until they are tender and well browned. Serve warm.
- 1 three pound pumpkin, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste