This simple Roasted Pumpkin recipe is a very basic recipe that can be easily jazzed up. Try variations with cayenne pepper, cinnamon, whole garlic cloves, fresh sage, thyme, rosemary, or maple syrup. The additions are endless.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- With a large knife, cut the pumpkin in half. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into 1-inch slices.
- Transfer the pumpkin to two baking sheets lined with parchment paper, placing them in a single layer. Drizzle with olive and salt and pepper, and any other additions.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through, or until they are tender and well browned. Serve warm.
- 1 three pound pumpkin, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste