Pumpkin pie in a glass! Who could ask for anything more? This pumpkin smoothie is perfect for those who have soreness in their mouths or throats, and for those who have little appetite for food, and find eating anything difficult in general. This protein rich sweet treat could perk anyone up.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Taste for sweetness then serve immediately.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Although the spices used are sweet and ‘heat’ free, if you are having radiation on your neck or mouth, their powderiness may prove to be an irritant, so take care. Add them in tiny amounts only to make sure you can tolerate them.