Cooked quinoa is a wonderful standby if you want to eat something nutritious in a hurry. This delicious Quinoa Bowl with Tahini & Kale dish is the reason we usually recommend cooking extra quinoa. If you have it, you can rustle up a tasty meal like this in minutes without too much muss or fuss. The kale topping can sit in the fridge overnight, in fact the longer it marinates in the lemony dressing the tastier it gets, so this really is a good dish to make ahead of time.
- In a small bowl whisk together the shallot, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice or vinegar, and salt. Add the chopped kale, and stir to mix well. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Evenly divide the quinoa between 4 bowls. Top each bowl evenly with the kale, then 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, diced avocado, chopped olives and raisins. Top with some freshly ground pepper and chopped herbs. Serve at room temperature.
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or cider vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- 3 cups finely chopped kale leaves
- 3 cups cooked Basic Quinoa
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ medium avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped olives
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- Fresh pepper, to taste
- Chopped cilantro or mint (optional)