These simple roasted artichokes are an easy, tasty side dish, a great topping for pizza, or delicious tossed into a salad with some olives. When fresh artichokes are in season, you can make this using the small Italian artichokes. Check out our two part video series on the art of the artichoke here and here. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the artichoke hearts with olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Lay cut side down onto a baking sheet lines with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, turning halfway through, until the artichokes are golden.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with an extra drizzle of good olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Ann's Tips and Tricks
I always keep frozen artichoke hearts in the freezer and canned in my pantry to whip up a quick pasta or risotto.
When buying canned or bottled, take care not to buy pickled artichoke hearts. These are delicious as antipasti but won’t work for this.