There’s almost nothing more classic than a roasted asparagus salad with a tangy, spicy Dijon dressing. Prepared like this, or in any way, asparagus is one of the easiest vegetables to get on the table fast. People have a tendency to overcook asparagus, but do those spears a favor and keep it to the recommended 8 minutes to keep that delicious crunch. Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Toss asparagus in 2 tablespoons olive oil and bake, in a single layer, for 7 minutes or until edges are just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Slowly whisk in the remaining olive oil until the dressing is uniform. Season to taste with salt.
4. Add the asparagus, lettuce, shallot, almonds, and parmesan to the dressing and toss until the vegetables are lightly coated with dressing.
- 1 bunch asparagus, peeled and trimmed of woody bottoms
- ¼ cup olive oil plus
- 2 tablespoons, divided 1 lemon, juiced, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn or cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste