There’s almost nothing more classic than a roasted asparagus salad with a tangy, spicy Dijon dressing. Prepared like this, or in any way, asparagus is one of the easiest vegetables to get on the table fast. People have a tendency to overcook asparagus, but do those spears a favor and keep it to the recommended 8 minutes to keep that delicious crunch. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss asparagus in 2 tablespoons olive oil and bake, in a single layer, for 7 minutes or until edges are just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Slowly whisk in the remaining olive oil until the dressing is uniform. Season to taste with salt.
- Add the asparagus, lettuce, shallot, almonds, and parmesan to the dressing and toss until the vegetables are lightly coated with dressing.
- 1 bunch asparagus, peeled and trimmed of woody bottoms
- ¼ cup olive oil plus
- 2 tablespoons, divided 1 lemon, juiced, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn or cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste