I always look forward to spring when the asparagus comes out. Roasting or grilling asparagus brings an amazing flavor to an already delicious vegetable. These Roasted Asparagus cook fast and are the perfect side dish. If you’re outside grilling, then brush them with oil as in step 2 and simply pop them onto the grill.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, a sprinkling of salt, and freshly cracked black pepper, then toss to evenly coat. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the asparagus are browned, but not flimsy or overcooked. Transfer to a serving dish. Squeeze a lemon and a grating of Parmesan cheese, if using, over the hot asparagus.
- 1 pound of asparagus spears, rinsed and trimmed
- Olive Oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)