This yummy fall Roasted Grape & Walnut Salad can make either a delicious starter or a light lunch. Serve it on a bed of arugula and you’ll not only get a delicious bitter-sweet connection, but the added benefit of munching on a member of the cancer fighting cruciferous family. Who knew a salad that is so good to eat could be so good for you?
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Put the olive oil into a bowl with a pinch of salt. Add the grapes and mix them around in the bowl with your hands until they are lightly coated with oil. Tip the grapes onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast until they are caramelized, about 20 minutes, turning them from time to time so they cook evenly. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
3. While the grapes are cooling, put the walnuts into a heavy skillet and dry toast them until you can smell their nutty aroma. Tip onto a board and roughly chop. Set aside.
4. Toss the warm grapes, and walnuts together with the vinaigrette in a bowl. Add the crumbled goat cheese and gently toss to just mix.
5. Line a shallow salad bowl with arugula. Pile the grape salad on top and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
Be the first to leave a review.