The golden beets and pink radishes in this Roasted Radishes & Golden Beets recipe make a dish that is pleasing to the eyes and palate. Roasting deepens the flavor of both vegetables to perfection. Eat as side for chicken or fish or as a warm antipasto salad.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut the radishes in half or quarters, depending on size. Peel and quarter the golden beets.
- In a large bowl, toss the radishes, beets and garlic with the olive oil, paprika, a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway through, or until the beets are tender and the radishes are golden. Cool slightly on the baking sheet, then top with a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with yogurt.
- 1 bunch radishes, stems removed
- 12 ounces golden beets, peeled
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice
- Plain Greek yogurt (optional)
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Try to make the vegetables a similar size for even cooking. If the beets are large, you may need to cut them into smaller units than quarters.