The golden beets and pink radishes in this Roasted Radishes & Golden Beets recipe make a dish that is pleasing to the eyes and palate. Roasting deepens the flavor of both vegetables to perfection. Eat as side for chicken or fish or as a warm antipasto salad.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Cut the radishes in half or quarters, depending on size. Peel and quarter the golden beets.
3. In a large bowl, toss the radishes, beets and garlic with the olive oil, paprika, a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway through, or until the beets are tender and the radishes are golden. Cool slightly on the baking sheet, then top with a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with yogurt.
- 1 bunch radishes, stems removed
- 12 ounces golden beets, peeled
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice
- Plain Greek yogurt (optional)
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Try to make the vegetables a similar size for even cooking. If the beets are large, you may need to cut them into smaller units than quarters.