You can never have too many breakfast ideas. It is the most important meal of that day after all. With red pepper, egg whites, parsley, and dill this Scrambled Egg White Fontina Toast recipe will be sure to help you start your day off right.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, toss the bell pepper slices in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the bell peppers in the oven until soft and slightly brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine egg whites, dill, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a medium sized pan on medium-low. Add remaining olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the egg white mixture. Cook gently, stirring regularly.
4. Meanwhile, toast bread slices until golden brown. While the toast is still hot, sprinkle cheese, on the toast.
5. Divide the scrambled egg between the four pieces of toast. Top with bell pepper slices.
Silvia Pinto, Drexel Food Lab
Be the first to leave a review.