This spice-rubbed grilled chicken is a great way to liven up skinless chicken breasts really quickly and easily. They’re great with a simple green salad or steamed greens. Choose the thinly sliced prepackaged chicken escalopes, or slice a raw, skinless chicken breast horizontally to make thin, flat pieces. You can use a griddle, broiler, or even the barbecue to cook them, and they only take a minute!
- Mix the curry powder, turmeric, and Chinese five-spice powder together with half the oil and half the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Rinse the chicken escalopes and pat dry. Rub them with the spice paste and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub a grill pan or griddle with the remaining oil, and set heat to medium-high. When hot, lay the chicken on top in a single layer without crowding. Cook for 5 minutes and flip. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon juice. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the escalopes. Serve immediately with a green salad or steamed veggies.
- ½ teaspoon mild curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Juice of ½ a lemon, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 slices of pounded thin chicken breasts
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Escalopes are any type of meat, very thinly sliced. In this case, chicken. Grilled chicken will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days, so use any leftovers to make sandwiches or salads.