I love soba noodles. They are particularly good in this simple spicy peanut soba cold noodle salad. Tossed with blanched veggies and slathered in a deliciously spicy citrus spiked peanut sauce, they are the perfect pick-me up for a jaded palate. When taste changes make food taste dull, throw this together and wake up your taste buds in the most enjoyable way.
1. In a boiling pot of water, cook the soba noodles. Using tongs, remove the noodles from the water and place them in a bowl filled with ice water. Bring the pot of water back to a boil. Cook the carrots and peppers for about 2 minutes. Remove from the water and place in ice water with noodles.
2. In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter, sesame oil, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, water, and salt.
3. Drain the noodles and vegetables from the water. Toss noodles in the peanut sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Lynn Gotuaco, Drexel Food Lab
- 1 pound soba noodles
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt