I love soba noodles. They are particularly good in this simple spicy peanut soba cold noodle salad. Tossed with blanched veggies and slathered in a deliciously spicy citrus spiked peanut sauce, they are the perfect pick-me up for a jaded palate. When taste changes make food taste dull, throw this together and wake up your taste buds in the most enjoyable way.
- In a boiling pot of water, cook the soba noodles. Using tongs, remove the noodles from the water and place them in a bowl filled with ice water. Bring the pot of water back to a boil. Cook the carrots and peppers for about 2 minutes. Remove from the water and place in ice water with noodles.
- In a medium bowl combine the peanut butter, sesame oil, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, water, and salt.
- Drain the noodles and vegetables from the water. Toss noodles in the peanut sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1 pound soba noodles
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt