Bok choy, or Chinese cabbage, is yet another healthy member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family. It’s so easy to prepare and is perfect in this simple bok choy & red pepper stir-fry. You’ll find that the stem keeps a nice crunchy texture while the leaves wilt and become very flavorful.
- Add vegetable oil and sesame oil to a wok over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the red pepper, onions, and garlic, stirring constantly.
- When the onions are translucent and turning golden, add the bok choy and red pepper. Continue to stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the soy sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the greens have turned dark green.
- Add the water. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated. Serve immediately with a source of protein, such as our delicious tempeh.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches bok choy, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup water