Bok choy, or Chinese cabbage, is yet another healthy member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family. It’s so easy to prepare and is perfect in this simple bok choy & red pepper stir-fry. You’ll find that the stem keeps a nice crunchy texture while the leaves wilt and become very flavorful.
1. Add vegetable oil and sesame oil to a wok over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the red pepper, onions, and garlic, stirring constantly.
2. When the onions are translucent and turning golden, add the bok choy and red pepper. Continue to stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the soy sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the greens have turned dark green.
3. Add the water. Cook for another 1-2 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated. Serve immediately with a source of protein, such as our delicious tempeh.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches bok choy, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup water