If you have leftover sweet potatoes, this Sweet Potato bread pudding is a yummy way to use them up. I love bread pudding. I have never met one I didn’t love, and this wonderful version is no exception. It’s a delicious way to use up any roasted sweet potato leftovers you may have from the Thanksgiving table. Sweetly nutritious,the flavor of roasted sweet potatoes adds oomph to a fabulously comforting standalone dessert that will just hit the spot if cancer treatment has left you feeling a bit sorry for yourself.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add bread to bowl and mix until bread is completely coated with the liquid. Allow bread to soak for at least 30 minutes
- Fold sweet potatoes into bread mixture. Fold in raisins if using.
- Pour bread into prepared baking dish. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
- Serve with Greek yogurt or whipped cream.
- 12 cups cubed bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 quart milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups roasted sweet potatoes or butternut squash, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)