The cart is empty
Servings: 3 Prep time: 20 minutes
Swiss Chard Frittata
This Swiss chard frittata is a thin crepe like frittata that doesn’t need baking. You can also use beet greens, spinach, or kale etc. Just cook them using the same method as the chard.
1. Put the washed chard leaves with the water clinging to the leaves in a pot with a tight fitting lid. Wilt the chard over high heat for 5 minutes. Drain and run the chard under cold water to stop the cooking. Squeeze out the water and coarsely chop. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, 2 tablespoons of cold water, salt, and pepper. Set aside
3. Over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauté or a seasoned non-stick frying pan. Add the garlic and sauté until it starts to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the chopped chard, a pinch of salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chopped parsley. Stir in and cook for a few more seconds. Pour the chard into the egg mixture.
5. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, then heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Pour in the egg and chard mixture and spread evenly around the pan. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Slide the frittata onto a plate using a spatula, then place the pan over the plate and invert the frittata back into the pan. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Slice onto a clean plate, cut into wedges and serve.