We love these twice baked potatoes in the CFYL office! The cottage cheese and chives make for a light creamy version of the usual cheese-laden extravaganzas, but they are amazingly tasty for all that, the perfect comfort food. And they’re so easy to make too, a boon when you’re feeling tired or treatment has got you down. Trust us, these yummy spuds will hit the spot.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Poke the potatoes a few times with a fork. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and salt. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
3. Peel one of the potatoes and mash with a fork in a large bowl. Cut the other 2 potatoes in half and using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and add to the bowl, leaving ¼-inch of potato on the skin.
4. Mix the mashed potatoes with cottage cheese, ⅓; cup cheddar, chives, salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning. On the baking sheet, fill the hollow potatoes evenly with the mashed potato mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of cheddar cheese.
5. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until well browned. Serve warm.
Be the first to leave a review.